Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Jobs ...

Okay. So I have a couple of busy days ahead. I have an interview today at 1, tomorrow at 10:30, and a meet-and-greet kind of party thing tomorrow night at 6. Hopefully I'll come out with something. (Secretly though I'm hoping the one tomorrow night goes the best:P)

Other jobs ... I have about 7 hours worth of sewing work for my mom. I'm making her new curtains for her family room and downstairs bathroom. I'm also recovering a pad for her window seat in her bedroom. I already did the pillows for that window seat. I think I'll also end up with her upstairs bathroom and bedroom curtains because I'd bet that she just won't get to them and then will be tired of not having them finished ... ahh well. I like doing the work for her - the only part that's weird is figuring out how much my time is worth. It's strange for me to charge family and friends for some things ...

I worked my tooshie off yesterday. I did 8 loads of laundry. Ironed everything. Put it all away. Cleaned the entire house. (Okay. So I need to vacuum today ... I was too tired to do it after FPU last night.) I was cleaning the bathroom yesterday and noticed that the baseboards in the bathroom were dirtier than I have ever let them get. So I started to look around and realized that I couldn't remember the last time I dusted the baseboards, corners, ceilings, and woodwork. Hmm ... let's just say that it had been awhile - a while too long. So I did that too. And the bathtub is all sparkley clean. It's a good day around here.

Okay. I need to vacuum before I get ready for the el interview today. Wish me luck over the next two days.

2 comments:

Dri said...

Good luck. :) Heehee.

So, do we pretend to be not as good of friends as we are tomorrow night? :)

Honesty is always best, just hard when I know you'd do a great job. Although, I understand the hesitation in hiring a friend of someone into a position where they would work so closely together....

Dri said...

By the way, you looked really awesome today for your interview. :)