Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Job Fair

So I went to a job fair this morning. It was just a single company holding a fair to fill some positions within their various departments. Now, call me crazy ... but if I were running a large corporation and was holding a job fair, I think I would have more than FOUR job openings available. I must have seen 150 people there applying, and I wasn't there the whole time this morning. They're having another session of this fair tonight too. I'm not saying that I'm not holding out hope ... but with the way my luck has been lately, I wouldn't be surprised if there were four people for three jobs and I didn't get a job. (Tyler agrees with me on this one too :P).

Yesterday did hold some uplifting job news possibilities though. I found out from two different friends that both of their offices are hiring right now. They're both supposed to be checking on that for me today. Hopefully I'll get some good news back from them.

Okay ... I'm going to go lie back down. My head is pounding and I'm running a little fever. I guess I can forget about all that cleaning that I wanted to get done today.

3 comments:

Jenette said...

I'm selfish. I don't want you to get a job before OA, but I know that it would be best if you did. So I'll pray for God's will! :):)

Rachel said...

All of the jobs that I've applied for are Monday-Friday. So I'd still be able to come down ... miss selfish head :P

Dri said...

Our secret plan is in progress, Miss Rachel. I told Andrea you were coming Wednesday night and she is excited to meet you.

And, some insider info: we'll probably be offering FREE business kits throughout the fall season. So, if you do want to be a consultant and make money that way, too, it would be at no upfront cost. That has to be music to a person's ears! :)