Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Tooshie Hurts

So I was at an interview this afternoon (that didn't go so hot ... well ... at least I wouldn't want to work for the company ... no more on that) and, as I was leaving, my shoe got caught in my pants leg and so my foot didn't come down properly. The result? ... I fell down the stairs. Only about 5 steps ... but I'm sore. I'm okay - but the aches keep developping ... ahh well ... guess that's what comes from being a clumsy idiot. Dufus me sometimes ...

Now, a thought that I've been developping since I left the interview today - Why is it that people seem to hold these ridiculous views of Christians? ... See, where I was today is a place with a lot of truckers. The person interviewing me said something to the effect of, "I see you're all into religion and religious stuff. People around here swear and cuss. People around here aren't always calm and nice. So if that's going to be a problem for you and that religious stuff ..." What is that? ... Christians can't be around people who swear now? Does that not completely eliminate everything we were commissioned to do? How is it that, if we're not able to be around bad language, we're able to love on the people who need it the most? Okay, I lied. I've been toying with this since Five02 on Saturday.

The current discussion series is on the Our Father. Last week was the "Our Father" part of the prayer. Here's the thing ... "Our" means everyone. Not just the people in our circle. Not just the Christians. Not just the people who look like us. ... Everyone. The gang people, the bikers, the hate-mongers, the terrorists. ... Everyone. Yeah ... chew on that one for a while. That's been a hard pill for me to swallow - don't know that it's all the way down yet. It's easy to love on people who look, think, and act like you ... but not always simple with those who don't. However, that's not really what I was going to chat about ...

Okay ... chatting isn't my thing right now ... my tooshie hurts too much.

Please keep up your prayers for us. We can feel them.

No comments: