Friday, September 08, 2006

Girl Talk

Every Thursday (except for the 2nd of the month) Tyler and I go to our small group. We're in a group with all couples who are older than we are ... and we love it ... it's great ...

So last night we went over to the Bookmyer's house. Now, normally we start at 7 ... however last night both Bookmyer kids had soccer till 7, so we met at 7:30 - and we met with food ... Praise God! Tyler and I hadn't eaten yesterday (well ... he had some fake cheese-its and we had some popcorn ...) and we were starving! So we all sat on their front porch (us, the Bookmyers, and the Browns ... 2 couples were missing) and ate and chatted ... and it was really good. However - it was short. At 8:30 the guys all went in to watch the Steelers game. Kim, Karen, and I chilled out on the porch and chatted ...

I so needed that girl talk time. We covered soooooooo much ... and I really felt useful to them. Not that I don't feel useful ... but sometimes it doesn't hurt to get an extra dose. :) Karen has been concerned about her daughters and was looking for some reading material and music for her girls with a positive message. I recommended a bunch of stuff and even said that I'd go shopping with her sometime ... It was good.

*Other random updates here*
- We put out a ton of resumes and applications yesterday. I did get one call back already today. I have an interview on Tuesday morning ...
- Nanny Rachel is going well. I'm really enjoying it and I know it's helping them. I also know that I've hit it off with the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey. i am unemployed again. quit my job b/c they lied and may be running a scam operation. i'll fill you in more. love from nashville!