Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hallowed

"... hallowed be Thy name."
That's kind of a loaded line if you ask me. Yet it was the topic of tonight's five02 gathering. So the meat of the talking? ... "hallowed". What's that mean to you? When posed that question I immediately went to "holy, pure, clean" ... those signs (as in sign language) are all very similar. As a matter of fact, they are the same motion and hand position, just different letters being formed with one hand. We played the song from the City On A Hill cd ... Jennifer Knapp, her version of the Lord's Prayer ... she repeats 'hallowed' between most lines of the prayer ... very fitting.

So Ryan made a statement that really got me thinking and hit home with a lot of what's been going on in my world recently. He said that we know God's will and action on earth and in others because we know what it looks and feels like in our own hearts. It's like we know God's fingerprints because we have them on us, so we can identify them on others and in situations. So when someone is unaware of God's fingerprints on himself, does that make him unable to feel and see God at work in something? Is there some sort of responsibility we have to him, as Christians and ones who see God's fingerprints all over the place, to show him that God is there? Are we to just pray? Is there something DOable? Is that our job? Is that God's job? Please, let me know what you think. I've been pondering this for a while now ... not sure how my answers are sitting with me ...

No comments: