Thursday, June 21, 2007

I don't usually do this ... but how could I resist ...

an 80s Survey!!!!!!! (Okay ... I really don't do this ... like ever. But I just got such a kick out of reading it on another friend's blog, I felt the irrepressible desire to fill it out for myself.) So some of this pushes into the early 90s I think. But that's okay by me ... it was all that fabulous period of my life ... ahh ... memory lane ...

Did you listen to New Kids on the Block?
I had a pillow case with their faces on it ... I wore it thread bare ...

Did you ever own a slap bracelet?
Yes. Until my school outlawed them because we spent class time throwing them at each other and watching them snap and fly up into the air. It was great.

The Baby Sitter's Club or Sweet Valley High?
Baby Sitter's Club. I wanted to be Kristy.

Salute Your Shorts or Hey Dude?
Hey Dude. Hands down.

Kids Incorporated or The Mickey Mouse Club?
I remember watching both. But I think I preferred MMC

Did you want Dylan to end up w/ Brenda or Kelly?
So was not allowed to watch 90210.

Who was ALF?
Furry brown alien dude.

Do you remember the show Dinosaurs?
"I'm the baby. Gotta love me. Big purple eyes and I'm so cuddly!" I know I watched it. I can't remember any specifics though ...

Do/did you know the words to the Fresh Prince theme song?
"Iiiiiiiiinnnn west Philadelphia born and raised. On the playground was where I spent most of my days. Chillin out nights and relaxin all cool ..."
That would be a yes.

Kimmie Gibbler or Urkel?
Kimmie kind of annoyed me. I remember when both were on TGIF on ABC though. I think I'll go with Urkel.

Blossom or Clarissa Explains It All?
Clarissa. I tried so hard to convince my mom that I needed a baby pool with an alligator in it in my room. But I LOVED my Blossom hat. (Self made I might note. According to mom, I ruined a perfectly good church hat by pinning one side up with a sunflower pin I had.)

Did you have a crush on JTT?
Yeah.

Bobby Brown or Tevin Campbell?
neither

Step By Step or Full House?
Both. Though Full House has stood the test of time for me. Thank heavens for daytime reruns.

Did you listen to Milli Vanilli?
Sadly, yes I did. But I think it was because I was fascinated with a man's ability to sing like that.

Mr. Rogers or Reading Rainbow?
I watched both way longer than I should have. But I LOVED Reading Rainbow. "Butterfly in the sky. I can go twice as high. Take a look. It's in a book. A reading rainbow."

Did you own a Glo Worm?
I think I got my cousin's when she was done with it. I don't remember having one of my own though.

Paula Abdul: better now or then?
Then. How can you beat Scat Cat? Seriously.

Wild 'n' Crazy Kids or Double Dare?
Double Dare. I wanted to be on Family Double Dare so bad ... but there were only three people in my family, and my mom refused to get dirty ... :(

Remember Legends of the Hidden Temple?
I forgot about it until just now… I loved that show. Awesome.

The Mighty Ducks or The Little Giants?
Mighty Ducks. I had a crush on Emilio ... a major crush.

Did you watch Saved By The Bell?
Still do. And I'm not to proud to admit it.

Who was hotter: Zach or Slater
I'm a sucker for dimples ... but it was still Zach.

Camp Nowhere or House Arrest?
neither

Did you own a pair of Reebok Pumps?
oh yeah. The laces were pink and orange.

Care Bears or Smurfs?
I watched both of their cartoons. I loved the Care Bears' Movie, the one where they saved the boy who was a magician's assistant and his younger sister. Also, I had the most AWESOME Care-A-Lot playset.

Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake?
Strawberry Shortcake. Although, I had a couple of Rainbow Brite dolls that got their fair share of play time.

Did you watch Miami Vice?
no ... I feel like I missed out on something there ...

Did you own a pair of Jelly Shoes?
They were pink. Fuchsia really.

Did you own a Trapper Keeper?
Duh. Until we weren't allowed to have them at school because they took up too much space in the coat hook area. That was about the time they outlawed those backpacks that were on wheels.

Atari or Nintendo?
I've never owned a game system. Tyler has some, but I never have. My step-sisters and cousins had Nintendos. I enjoyed my fair share of Tetris and Duck Hunt. But that's about it.


So? It sparked memories for you too. I know it did. Share if you like ... :)

1 comment:

Jenette said...

fabulous!