Sunday, August 27, 2006

catch up

So Tyler and I have put in more work at Ryan and Andrea's new house. It looks soooooo good over there ... no thanks to us :P ...
Yesterday we went and primed trim, painted beadboard, sized walls for paper, hung kitchen cabinets, and (perhaps most importantly) had lunch. Today I went over for a couple of hours and cleaned. Their kitchen is ready to move in. So is their laundry room. (Well ... minus the fact that the floor is still the sub floor for the ceramic tiles that will go down eventually ...) Their office needs mopped. The floors and stairs were all swept. I felt bad that I didn't get more done, but I ran out of time and it was SUPER HOT over there ... I know it was a help, but I would have liked to have had more to show for my 2 hours there. They're planning on moving all of their stuff over tomorrow ... dunno if Tyler's planning on us going over for that or not. I know that we have a lunch date after church already though ... guess we'll see how long we're chatting with them ...
Last night we took some friends up on a dinner invite. It was super yummyful. We stayed WAY too late ... but the fun was much needed and was totally worth it. Tonight, some of our friends came over. This couple is just moving back to Ohio, so we don't get to see them much ... well now they're going to be just about an hour away (as opposed to the 4 that they were), so we should see them more often. It's been really good for me and for my spirits (I'm guessing it's the same for Tyler) to be around friends lately. Always a good time!
It's late and church is early, so I'm out of here ...
please continue to pray for us - we can feel your prayers holding us up :)

No comments: