Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One Hundred

Do you remember celebrating "100 day" when you were in school? Or was that just my teacher who did that?

I don't remember everything, but what I do remember was pretty awesome - at least to an 8 year old kid. We spent the whole week before gathering up 100s of things: straws, pop tabs, beans, Fruit Loops, pieces of paper, pennies, birthday candles ... Then on the 100th day of school, we celebrated.

You know ... I remember this being cool and a big deal. As I write about it ... doesn't seem so cool or awesome ...

Huh ...

2 comments:

Dri said...

I have heard so many people talk about "100 day" lately.

We never did that at good ole PG.

I'm sure it would be awesome for an 8-year-old.

Sarah said...

I don't remember ever doing this when I was a child, but I do have a friend who teaches 2nd grade and she celebrates every year.

One fun thing she does - she has the kids come in with 100 of whatever they wish on their shirt - some mom's sew 100 buttons on a tshirt, some put 100 thumbprints, stuff like that.

I think it's pretty fun!