Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In the Heat of the Day



We have one. It's in the wall in the living room and does a lovely job cooling our entire home. But for some reason I'm stubborn. There's a part of me that feels like we shouldn't have to turn it on in May - especially since it's supposed to be back in the 70s Saturday AND weather.com says it'll stay in the 70s through next weekend. However, my stubbornness is affecting my work getting done around here ...
It's too hot right now to sew. There's a breeze in the living room, but not in the kitchen where I have to set up the sewing machine. I have a fan going in the bedroom and one in the living room, as well as the central fan - but it's still 88 degrees in here. And neither myself nor my wonderful husband are lacking in the "extra body padding" area - we're overweight ... it makes the heat that much hotter ...

Oh to turn on the air or leave it off? ... Thoughts?

***UPDATE***
At 9 pm last night it was still 87 degrees in our front room (where there are windows on two sides and the fan/ac. We decided that we'd turn it on just long enough to cool the house so that we'd sleep. It was nice. It was off again this morning and I had the windows all open. If only we had ceiling fans - then perhaps it would still be off ... but alas - it's back on. Oh well ... it'll be nice next week and we can have fresh air once again.

2 comments:

K said...

Leave it off! LOL, I'm just as stubborn about a/c. I refuse, absolutely REFUSE to turn it on until the temperature reaches at least 88... but if there's a chance it will be 85 tomorrow, it stays off. =)

Dri said...

Ours is on. Ryan is a little more of a hot weather baby than me. Okay, a lot more. We'll turn them off tomorrow, probably. Especially because it is supposed to be so nice this weekend and into next week. I'm a crank the fans up and open all the windows kind of hot weather person... until it gets so hot that it's uncomfortable to sit and do nothing. Then, bring on the air conditioning!