Friday, October 13, 2006

A-typical Kind of Girl


So I've never really fit into the "girl mold" ... and I've (almost) always been okay with that. I was reminded of this fact earlier today. (Yes, earlier. Tyler works at 7 ... I'm up then too.)

Iwo Jima. World War II. There's a new movie out - Flags of Our Fathers. Wow ... I want to see that ... so bad. I rarely say that. There are several movies that I'd like to see. But it's rare to think that I WANT to see something. I thought that when We Were Soldiers came out. I thought that when Black Hawk Down came out. I thought that when Saving Private Ryan came out.

And so I was reminded today that I'm really into war movies. And most "girls" aren't. And I'm good with that.

1 comment:

Jenette said...

I like war movies too. We're very anxious to go see Flags of Our Fathers. And I've seen all the other ones you wrote about too!