Thursday, October 23, 2008

Punkin'


Last weekend my mom took Tyler and me down to Circleville for the 100th annual Pumpkin Festival. It was fun ... However, if I never eat another piece of pumpkin bread, donut, brownie, pretzel, funnel cake, fudge, elephant ear (and the list goes on and on :P), that would probably be okay with me ...

Anyways, on the way back up we stopped at a pumpkin patch that we spotted on the way down to Circleville. None of us had been to one in a long time. We had fun. We picked out pumpkins. We could have as many as one person could carry in his arms for $20. (Good thing that Tyler was with us!) We left with 6 pumpkins (3 of med/lg to large size and 3 that were too cute to leave behind - pic of smaller 3 below ... more to come on the larger 3).



They sat on the deck all lonely and sad looking ... and it made me sad to see them out there all alone and cold and neglected everyday. Not really fulfilling their purpose in life ...

Until tonight!



Aren't they fun? I personally LOVE the spider!!!! :) (And, they were actually rather easy to carve out ... much more so than I expected!)

And ... there are even pumpkin seeds soaking now so that they can be dried and baked in the morning! What a lovely and festive seasonal snack! (A slight contradiction to my earlier statement, I know.)

2 comments:

Dri said...

Very cute pumpkins! That place sounds awesome - even if you were pumpkin'd out by the end.

My favorite is the classic one with its tongue sticking out. I'm a classic pumpkin face kinda gal. R. carved a pumpkin with a hag face on it and for a party we're going to tonight he's going to carve an Arnold S. one.

(Yes, I put "S" there because I don't know how to fully spell the Governor of California's last name without much thought and I don't feel like thinking right now.)

Dri said...

Okay, the Word Verification when I posted last time was:

reesssla

Pretty close to Little R's name (spelled wrong... but you know where I'm going with this)

Glad to see you blogging again, friend.