Tuesday, January 02, 2007

a week's worth of ramblings ...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Best of luck with all of your resolutions and keeping them. I hope you did well keeping last year's. (Not to toot my own horn here ... but I did keep mine pretty well ... I didn't loose as much as I could have, but I did loose almost 30 pounds last year. That's not too bad :))

Okay ... so I haven't been on much. This time of year is crazy for everyone ... so I figure it's not so bad.

I'm happy and relieved ... Trevor, Lori, and Emma are home safe and there's one more Wright on the way next week ... prayers for that trip for them ... (They're adopting ... click on "Trevor's blog" in my links on the side ... read the last month's worth of entries.)

I'm recovering from perhaps the strangest "flu" bug I've ever had. We came home from Journey on Sunday and I was so sick ... my skin hurt, I was nauseous, I had a fever ... I was sick. I was up till about 4 am just miserable. I finally slept from about 4 till about 9 and then was up. I was still weak Monday morning, but today I'm pretty much feeling fine ... I do feel bad because I was supposed to spend the day with Sophie, but I didn't know how I'd feel today. I didn't want to get her sick. So I called yesterday and cancelled. I'm glad that Becky's home with her today.

Tyler has to go to Dayton today. His meeting is from 1-4. He thought it was from 11-4. A couple of days ago his Aflac office head guy (I know ... a technical term it's not ...) called to ask him how he was getting down to Dayton. Apparently Chris's father-in-law is also an agent who is going down to this start-of-the-year shindig. So Chris called to offer Tyler a ride. Wow ... nice one there God. I am always amazed as to His ways of showing us that we're on the right track here. Not only is Chris a very religious guy ... but he's living out his faith ... and Tyler is benefiting ... at least that's how I'm choosing to look at this. We're not spending any money today on Tyler's trip down ... nice ...

So our Christmas was good. It was nice to have both of our moms here. Family Christmas at Gramma's went well too. It was REALLY nice to see my cousins. I haven't seen them since I was in grade school ... wait ... I saw the younger one once when I was in high school. Stephen, the older brother, brought his girlfriend with him. She was sweet. They met while he was in Mexico running some resort thing ... she's not so great with english yet ... but she's getting there. The two of them seem happy. And that's good. :) We have yet to get together with Dad and Syl (they're coming here the last week of January), Gammy, and Al.

Kayla's here. I'm glad. I hope she finds Emory Adams Park okay today. She's doing her geriatric pharmie rotation at Blanchard Valley. She has to take the hospital shuttle from their overflow parking back there. She went out last night to find it but didn't go far enough down the street. She got to Main St. and thought that she'd maybe one too far and got discouraged. I'm really looking forward to having her here this month.

So Ford's funeral is on tv right now. It's very simple compared to other Presidential funerals, or at least that's what they keep saying. The pagentry still strikes me. As simple as it may be, it still seems elaborate. I know he was a president. I know he deserves honor ... and even perhaps on a national level. But something still doesn't sit well with me. And it's not just Ford's funeral ... it's all of these national funerals ... am I un-American for feeling this way? ... I don't know ... I can't imagine having to grieve in public like these people do. It almost seems as though it's too much for them at times. I know it's hard to bury a loved one. I know it's hard to grieve. Part of me can't help but wonder if thoughts of "Keep it together, there's a camera right there" or other things of that nature are in their minds. And in that case, are we robbing a very private moment from this family who is stuck in a public eye that is often unforgiving and way too nosey? ... I don't know ... just something doesn't seem right ...

No comments: