Saturday, November 11, 2006

Christmas Prep ... HELP!

So I've decided that I'm going to give my mom this lovely scarf that I've been crocheting for Christmas. Now, I learned how to crochet when I was much younger. My gramma used to knit and crochet and she taught me. However, I hadn't done it in so long that I'd forgotten how to. I went to a ladies craft night sort of thing at the church a while ago and there received a nice refresher course. Since then, I've made the scarf about as long as I'm going to ... and I've figured out what kind of tassels I'll be putting on it. (Not my choice to add tassles ... I'm not really into them ... but I know that my mom is.) However, the scarf remains attached to my crochet hook. Why, you ask? Because I did not receive a refresher in how to cast-off and finish the thing. I know ... you're thinking, "Why don't you just take it to you gramma and have her show you?" Not gonna happen. She doesn't like to explain ... she likes to just do for you ... and her arthritis is so bad that I know she hasn't knitted or crocheted in years. I don't want her to feel like she has to show me ... That, and I'm not 100% positive that she won't also be getting a nice handmade crocheted scarf for Christmas as well. So, anyone who reads this (and I have no idea if anyone really does) who can crochet ... would you please tell me how to finish off the scarf? Please. I really need to be moving on this ...
Thanks! :)
Have a wonderful day. And thank you for reading through my current rant on Christmas prep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! I know how to bind off for knitting.... and so I did a google search for "crochet binding off" and "crochet casting off" and came up with a BUNCH of tutorials, but I wasn't sure if they were helpful for crocheting, since I have NO idea on how to do it. Like, not even a clue. So - try googling it, and see if those are helpful. If not - go to my friend Kris' blog (linked to on mine) and ask her, she is a master crochet-er!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't crochet, but maybe you could look up directions on the internet? Like "howtocrocet(dot)com" or something? LOL

Thought of you yesterday. Watched "Newsies". They happened simotaneously. (Is that how you spell it?)